Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Obsessions




I have an obsession with blue-green. When I pull photos out of decorating magazines I find that most of them are some shade of turquoise, aqua, teal, cerulean, beryl, ultramarine....etc...etc.... but so far I have been terrified to decorate my home in these colors. I fear that in my dark, cold, Vermont farmhouse I will be dooming myself to a frigid decor. (I should be living in Greece. Or at least Nevada)


Thanks to the helpful people over at Apartment Therapy, I have come to realize that blues and greens do not have to be cold if mixed with the right accents. The main recommendations were either orange/red, yellow and/or hot pink.

Here are some of my favorite rooms in my favorite colors although the best picture I have is a tiny cut out from an old magazine of a white iron fence in front of the perfect blue-green with the sign "Conch Salad" on it. Here is to "conch salad blue"!!






To my absolute shame I do not have links for these gorgeous rooms. Many of them I found on Flickr and I was only planning to keep them in my style folder. If you come across your pic and want me to link it or take it down I would be happy to do so. XXOO
Some I do know:
Mount Vernon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero - I am currently looking to do my bedroom in a light aqua with few-and-far-between hot pink/red accents. I think your photos will help me come up with the perfect wall color!

Unknown said...

Great, great photos. I recognize a lot of them and love looking at them altogether. You have a great site! I understand the whole Vermont thing. If you do it right, though, you won't freeze or get depressed, especially if you have an orange kitchen...
It's only paint, anyway.

Anonymous said...

how exciting to see my space on your space! i'm in great company. thank you!

megan (aka beachbound)